Mulberry Silk Painted Long Scarf Classic Avocado by Pashmina & Silk
This Pure Mulberry Silk hand painted long scarf measures some 170cm x 50cm has an unusual design and is hand dyed and crafted by cottage industries in Kashmir.
Mulberry Hand Painted Silk Scarves are made exclusively for Pashmina & Silk. Each scarf is unique. They are spun and woven on hand looms and then dyed using a subtle blend of complementary natural colours.Made from 100% mulberry silk which is softer, rounder, finer and smoother than raw silk harvested from the wild. The tiny natural irregularities in the weave and yarn add interest and character to the scarf. Our scarves have a smooth, silky, luxurious feel.
Mulberry silk is the highest quality and most expensive silk you can purchase. It is called mulberry silk because the silkworms are fed exclusively on mulberry leaves which ensure the repeatable consistency and quality of the silk. Mulberry silk thread originates from the finest and softest innermost thread of the cocoon. It is softer, rounder, finer and smoother than silk harvested from the wild. Unlike synthetic imitation products, it retains small natural irregularities in the yarn adding texture and character to the scarf. Mulberry silk is hypoallergenic and odourless unlike some of the lower quality silks.Momme” (mm) is a measure of the weight of silk fabric using the scale 1 momme to 3.75 grams per square meter. In comparison “Traditional “ silk scarves typically use silk between 6 and 10 momme, our “Classic” scarves between 8 and 25 momme, and our “Heritage” scarves above 25 momme. Your scarf is supplied with FREE gift-wrap in attractive ivory tissue and presentational frosted bag along with a FREE message service. Warm to wear and easy care. Your scarf or stole should not require frequent cleaning. If you wish to freshen your item, dry clean it or gently hand wash the whole garment in cool soapy water. Never rub the fibres and always dry flat away from direct heat. When required use a cool iron.
- Key Feature 1: Generous size 170cm x 50cm
- Key Feature 2: SHIPPING by “ROYAL MAIL 24"® or EVRI GUARANTEED ON ALL ORDERS within UK
- Key Feature 3: FREE PRESENTATION WRAPPING with attractive frosted bag and tissue wrap including FREE MESSAGE SERVICE
- Key Feature 4: Premium Quality Fine Mulberry Silk, handmade by traditional cottage industries in Kashmir
- Key Feature 5: We only supply garments made with Natural Fibre
- Key Feature 6: PRIORITY POSTAGE on all orders to USA & CANADA with same day dispatch WORLDWIDE
- Material Composition: Fine Mulberry Silk
- Colour: Green
- Size: 170cm x 50cm